Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Focus on "My Dark Angel - Chapter 2: Chronicle of an Endless Love"

" My Dark Angel - Chapter 2: Chronicle of an Endless Love" includes more than 60 photographies which were all shot in 2012 in Singapore with my Nikon D800e.
The result is a very large artwork over one meter long and which weight is over 10 Go.
So you can easily understand it is absolutely impossible to be able to see at once on a small low resolution image on the web all the tiny details which are included. For a while they all have an importance into the story told in the 5 chapters of the "Black Angel" serial.
I am happy to show you here some of the details of Chapter 2.
There are, of course, much more defined details that could only be seen in the original artwork. Meanwhile I hope this will help to give you a better idea of the whole artwork.
Thank you for looking.

Starfishes and Moon, symbols of Singapore Flag, used here, were shot on a flag in front of the Singapore Museum of Asian Arts, cut apart they are now back to their "living" fonction.
The"Metal Trees" are in fact a copper sculpture shot on the Singapore Bay Promenade: "Breath" by Edwin Cheong on Marina Boulevard.
For doing the "ground" around the metal trees I used a picture of a new district of Singapore in construction I shot from the skyline. (unfortunately the resolution is not good enough here to allow seing it).
The turtle was shot in the main pound of the Singapore Botanical Gardens.
The crab (culinary speciality of Singapore) was shot in its very last instants before a unescapable tragic end, in an aquarium of one of those numerous restaurants standing along "Kallang River"!



I shot my friend the Death (Mr Skeleton) in an apothicary officine inside the Marina Bay Sands commercial mall, I have just felt free to add a bullet damage in the skull and a frame showing a declaration of love to My Black Angel and two bird silhouettes like trapped into the frame. The stethoscope is surely a way to investigate my beating heart...
The monumental bronze Bull  statue was shot at Merryl Lynch Wealth Management, 50 Collyer Quay.
The wedding photography was shot in a beautiful garden in Singapore. Happy life to both of you!
Engraved or painted, I played on words: "Singapore" - "Singa"- "Sin"...
("Singa" is both a mythical creature and the Singapore Courtesy Lion)
Those two eyes watching are in fact those of My Black Angel (already featuring in Chapter 1). The process was to use the negative of her main picture to get a wild animal look.
All trees shot into the wonderful Singapore  Botanical Gardens.

In the sky, 8 (not an hazard!) Floating Islands flies over Singapore and famous Marina Bay Sands, please note the 3 dimensional work on the closest Islands. Those islands are, in fact, photos of the very futuristic "Gardens by the Bay" where the whole Story of this serial ("My Black Angel") begins, and where it will unfortunately end on Chapter 5...
I am not going to explain here the symbols and the story itself, I will certainly have to do it when the 5 Chapters will be published...



If the web resolution was better here, you could clearly see through the so nice YOG (Youth Olympic Games) sculpture by Mr Huang Yifan (22 years Old!) called "A World United" which stands on the Promenade of Marina Boulevard a view of the bay including one of the actors which will appear in Chapter 4... The small Shell at the foreground is in fact the huge Singapore Museum of Science which stands on the bay. It is used here just like an aquarium oxygnator from the meddle of which some air bubbles are rising up...



Here I included some films which have been burnt before being shot. I then included the negatives of the " Newly Weds" (one is a color negative, the other one is B&W negative) but also the B&W negative of the Black Angel and, on another part, her eyes in negative...
I then reworked the lower left handside part of the burnt film to get a turtle silhouette which will stand close  above the real turtle. (the difference is that, here, I made a sea turtle and not a freshwater turtle as the original one was) :-)


As you may understand there are a lot of symbols which help "My Black Angel" Story. I will try to give some clues and explanations once the whole serial is published...
Thank you very much for your kind interest :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment